11/3/10

NU 107 Closing Time?

It has been 23 years since I was able to first catch the test broadcast of NU107. YUP!! My memory is still crystal clear that It was exactly November 1, 1987 when I first caught the radio signal of DWNU 107.5 and this was on my way to the cemetery on UNDAS time. This was 5 months after Legendary WXB 102 wave goodbye to their listeners, and now after two decades "The Home Of New Rock" or "The Home Of NU Rock" is bidding farewell this coming November 7 ,2010. It's been all over the news for the past weeks and confirmation will definitely be given once the station closes down and rumours of a format change are indeed very loud. Hmmmp? A pop radio-format "Pang Masa Station" would replace the current Rock Radio format. Although I don't usually listen to the station that much nowadays comparing back in the late 80s and early 90s, I'm still saddened by this news since It has become a very influencial radio station for a lot of generations. From NEW WAVE, MODERN ROCK, ALTERNATIVE, and other forms of Rock Music. So what will happen to "BALLAD OF THE TIMES" radio show? YUP!! Tonight is their last episode so better tune in okay. I have some memories of visiting the radio station a couple of times on different locations since I was able to win some prizes back then and have watched some benefit gigs too. I'll try to feature them here in my little blog "The Doctor Is In" in the future. Last October 29, 2010 , NU107 held their last NU107 ROCK AWARDS 2010. Since I have featured the NU107 Rock Awards from year 2007 to 2009 then we will be featuring it too here in my little blog. So I guess that's it for today's blogpost so better listen to the last NU107 Home Of NU Rock Broadcast on November 7, 2010. Bye Bye to the Home Of NU Rock DWNU FM 107 dot 5, loud and proud member of the K.B.P.!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH NU107 for the music!!


NU 107 signing off?
-DR. STIRRING RHOD

2 comments:

randybazooka said...

doc thats sad news, just like you i also was able to listen to their test broadcast back then, my school bus owner actually tipped us about a new wave statio that was planning to come on air and told us to wait for the test broadcast...wow how time flies and now a legend amd an institution is about to close its curtains, so farewell to the station that continued the plight of xb102 in bringing the best new wave music filipino youths has ever laid their ears on.

DrStirringRhod said...

YUP!! Very true randy b!! NU107 continued the torch of XB102 but with a different blend. Although, not exactly what we would have expected back then but NU 107 introduced a lot of New Wave songs/bands back then. THANKS for dropping a line!! :-)