1/10/08

NOUVELLE VAGUE

Last year I was able to get a chance to hear the music of this French Cover Band "NOUVELLE VAGUE" when I visited MUSIC ONE. Their two CDs (Self-titled and Bande a Part) were made available here in MANILA around JUNE2007 then I was really surprised reading their tracklist so I decided to listen to both their albums via the "listening booth" of MUSIC ONE. Well, it's Bossa Nova indeed and last year there was a great upsurge of Bossa Nova Music here in Manila from Local and Foreign Acts. I bought both CDs and I find it as another Relaxing Pair of CDs that PINOY WAVERS could listen to. New Wave Music in a different arrangement that would perk up your listening pleasures especially if you're on the same Musical Genre as I am.

Nouvelle Vague is a French Act compose of Marc Collin and Olivier Libaux who resurrected classics from the New Wave Music era, and reinterpreted them in a Relaxing Bossa Nova style.
They released three albums, but as of writing only two of them are available here in Manila. Music from bands like MODERN ENGLISH, JOY DIVISION, XTC, ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN, THE UNDERTONES, THE CLASH, DEPECHE MODE and many many more NEW WAVE acts included on this great compilation.



My 10 personal favorites on the two CDs I bought were:

1) Love Will Tear Us Apart
2) Waves
3) The Killing Moon
4) I Melt With You
5) Pride (In the Name of Love)
6) Dancing with Myself
7) Confusion
8) Heart of Glass
9) Teenage Kicks
10)Escape Myself



Download some songs here:

LOVE WILL TEAR US APART- Originally by JOY DIVISION

I MELT WITH YOU- Originally by MODERN ENGLISH

TEENAGE KICKS- Originally by THE UNDERTONES

DANCING WITH MYSELF- Originally by GENERATION X


SO PINOY WAVERS GET YOUR COPIES NA!! SULIT NAMAN!!

ENJOY THE MUZIC!!

It's "NOUVELLE VAGUE"

-DR. STIRRING RHOD

1 comment:

B said...

thanks for posting some of the songs!!! I would love it if you could post Pride (In the Name of Love)...it would be great to hear their version! Thank you! =)