7/20/10

METRIC - Eclipse (All Yours)

METRIC is a Canadian Modern Rock Indie band originally formed in Toronto by vocalist EMILY HAINES and guitarist JAMES SHAW back in 1999 . Emily and James decided to call their partnership "Metric" coined after a synthesizer beat that James used on his sampler and as a reference to the duo's musical precision. The band is also consist of bassist Josh Winstead and drummer Joules Scott-Key. ECLIPSE is the third installment of The Twilight Saga film series, following 2008's Twilight and 2009's New Moon. Recently, I just watched the movie on the big screen and although I'm not a hardcore fan of this series I find this third movie much better than It's two predecessors. I just love the fight scenes when the vampires and wolves combined forces to destroy Victoria's ruthless followers. Well, I was blown away by the soundtrack and what I really liked the most was this song from METRIC. "ECLIPSE (ALL YOURS)" by METRIC was first played here in MANILA by JAM 88.3 as one of their featured songs on "New Music Wednesday" back in MAY 2010. YUP!! Just a month before the said movie was shown here in MANILA. I was driving when I first caught this song on JAM 88.3 on that said radio show and I immediately liked it. So here it goes, I decided to make a blogpost about it.“Eclipse (All Yours)" by Metric is featured in the latest movie in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and is the lead-off track from the original motion picture soundtrack. The instrumental arrangement played on the movie is just awesome.



METRIC had the honor of writing the "Twilight: Eclipse theme song" with legendary film score composer HOWARD SHORE. Great song indeed accompanied by great Music Video done by director and photographer BRANTLEY GUTIERREZ. I included the MTV of the song uploaded by "GoLowerThanDeep" on YouTube here in my blogpost to make it interesting. THANKS AGAIN for dropping by!!

WATCH the music video of "ECLIPSE (All Yours)" by METRIC here:


That's a METRIC ECLIPSE of the heart!!
-DR. STIRRING RHOD

2 comments:

TK99 said...

Dr. Thanks for sharing. First time ko silang narinig, galeng pala. I didn't notice that there was a typo on the back cover. Matignan nga.

DrStirringRhod said...

You're very WELCOME Eric!! Yup one WF song title was in Typo error. :-)