10/31/07

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone!!
Well, it's TRICK OR TREAT time in the malls, in some subdivisions here in MANILA. There are also some Halloween Costume Parties around. I guess, Filipinos have already adapted this kind of celebration just before the traditional "UNDAS" better known as "All Saints Day" and "All Souls Day" which happens on November 1&2.

Well, my TOP TEN NEW WAVE/ PUNK HALLOWEEN SONGS would be:
1) NEMESIS- SHRIEKBACK (My all-time favorite)
2) DEAD MAN'S PARTY- OINGO BOINGO
3) PET SEMETERY- RAMONES
4) BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD -BAUHAUS
5) INCIBUS SUCCUBUS- X-MAHL DEUTSCHLAND
6) HALLOWEEN- DEAD KENNEDYS
7) EVERYDAY IS HOLLOWEEN- MINISTRY
8) GOO GOO MUCK- THE CRAMPS
9) SPELLBOUND - SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES
10)DEAD SOULS- JOY DIVISION



I bought a great New Wave Halloween Compilation CD wayback 2001 in the defunct TOWER RECORDS MANILA at Glorietta, Makati and I consider it the best for this occassion.
It's "JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH NEW WAVE HALLOWEEN".



TRACKLISTING:
1)The Time Warp - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
2)Everyday Is Halloween - Ministry
3)Devil In My Car - The B-52's
4)Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
5)Pet Sematary - Ramones
6)Theme From Halloween - MX-80 Sound
7)The Munsters Theme - Comateens
8)The Creature From The Black Lagoon - Dave Edmunds
9)Halloween - Siouxsie & The Banshees
10)Halloween - The Dream Syndicate
11)Halloween - Sonic Youth
12)Halloween - Dead Kennedys
13)Halloween - The Misfits
14)Halloween - Mudhoney
15)Creature With The Atom Brain - Roky Erickson & The Aliens


4 comments:

kurt said...

..really? there's no more tower records in glorieta? i used to work there from 2000-01 & '02-03.
did music one replaced it?

spawn said...

incubus succubus is a classic.

can you burn me some new wave cd's?

do you have secret shine with the song Loveblind?

DrStirringRhod said...

YUP Kurt! Music One Replaced all TOWER RECORDS branches here in the Philippines.

YUP spawn I have that Secret Shine song. I'll post it in my future entries.

Thanks to both of you for you comments!!

harleytexas said...

could you send me a link to download this album if possible???? harleytexas@hotmail.com