110th Year Anniversary of
PHILIPPINE INDENPENDENCE DAY
HELLO EVERYONE!! It's my 101st BLOGPOST today and It's the 110th Year Anniversary of PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE DAY.
Know about The Philippine Revolution and The Proclamation of Philippine Independence headed by EMILIO AGUINALDO.
CLICK HERE the PHOTO OF THE ORIGINAL PHILIPPINE FLAG to enter the great INFO site:
Since It's PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE DAY today, I've decided to feature a Philippine Compilation Cassette Tape entitled "PHILIPPINES SONGS FOR FREEDOM" recorded wayback 1984-1985 both here in MANILA and in GERMANY. Hmmmp!! So what's that tape? I consider this already a RARE MATERIAL so definitely it would spice up today's post. THANKS to MARIVIC aka. "billieredsocks" on the Multiply World I was able to obtain this very Patriotic Compilation Cassette Tape. I asked her if she would be willing to upload the whole material so that we could share it to you in this little Blog of mine......TAAARRAAAAH!!! HERE"S THE ENTIRE CASSETTE TAPE FOR YOU GUYS!! It features three Comtemporary Pinoy Music Activist JESS SANTIAGO, POL GALANG, and SUSAN FERNANDEZ-MAGNO. This was a fund-raising and advocacy project of one NGO during the late President Marcos' time. The audio quality is not so good, but these were popular songs of the protest/alternative music movement back then. YUP!! The 80s was a great decade for NEW WAVE/PUNK music here in MANILA, but of course we will not forget the POLITICAL CRISIS back then that have rocked the entire nation. There are two songs here namely, "Halina" and "Let Us Give The World To The Children", that have both German and Tagalog verses.
PHILIPPINES SONGS FOR FREEDOM
1. Ethnic Intro (Music of Kalinga) ( :59)
2. Hayaang Mangusap / Let My Guitar Speak (3:35)Composer, vocals : Jess Santiago
3. Sa Lawa ng Laguna / In The Lake of Laguna (3:45)Composer: Pol Galang Vocals: Pol, Susan, Jess
4. Awit ni Bobby / Bobby’s Song (3:35)Composer, vocals: Jess Santiago
5. Babae Ka / You Are A Woman (3:20)Composer: Ani Montano Vocals: Susan Fernandez
6. Panaghoy / Lamentation (4:46)Composer, vocals: Pol Galang
7.Meme Na / Lullaby (2:48)Composer, vocals: Jess Santiago
8. Kalayaan / Freedom (3:04)Composer: D. Pagusara Vocals: Susan Fernandez
9. Halina / Come, Let Us All Gather (6:21)Composer: Jess Santiago Vocals: Jess Santiago, Pol Galang, Susan Fernandez, Frank Baier, Mesuk CobancaoglouGerman Arrangement: Frank Baier
10. Martsa Ng Bayan / The People’s March (2:00)Composer: Jess Santiago Vocals: Jess, Pol, Susan
11. Ang Huling Balita / The Latest News (4:00)Composer, vocals : Jess Santiago
12. Kundiman ng Cordillera / Song of Cordillera (2:58)Composer, Vocals: Pol Galang
13. Sisa/Kailan Sisa / When Will You Be Free, My Country? (3:20)Composer: Pol Galang Vocals, Pol, Jess, Susan
14. Hangga’t May Panahon / While There’s Time (3:02)Composer, vocals: Pol Galang
15. Lasst Uns Die Erde Den Kindern Ubergeben / Let Us Give The World To The Children (Composers: N. Hikmet, M. Cobancaoglou)German translation: G. Kraft Filipino translation: Alab-MunsterArrangement: Frank Baier, Messut Cobancaoglou Vocals: Jess, Pol, Susan, Frank, Messut
16. Ang Bayan Ko / My Country (4:04)Traditional national song. Vocals: Jess, Pol, Susan
CLICK THIS CASSETTE TAPE COVER TO DOWNLOAD THE COMPILATION!!
Both NU107 and RJUR 105.9 have their own Independence Day Radio Specials for today!!
PROUD TO BE PINOY!!
Visit MARIVIC's Site here:
MARAMING SALAMAT MARIVIC!!
MALIGAYANG ARAW NG KALAYAAN KABAYANS!!
From Your Friendly Neighborhood:
DR. STIRRING RHOD