9/9/09

999

Today is SEPTEMBER 9, 2009 and if you'll write today's date on any letter or prescription then It's 9/9/09 or in short today is 999. Wheeew!! Nice number don't you think guys? Thus this blogpost of mine was born because I remembered this PUNK BAND called 999. YUP!! You got it right guys there was indeed a punk band named 999 which they got it from BRITAIN's Emergency Numbers Dial "999". Well, if in the U.S. It's Dial "911" then Britain has a different number. Btw, here in the Philippines when you Dial 911-11-11 then your line would go directly on a PIZZA TRUNKLINE asking for your orders. Ha Ha Ha!! I wonder why did the Telecommunication Company authorized such use of the number? Naaah!! ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES!! "999" is an English punk band formed in London back in 1977 and were often cited as one of the first punk rock bands. As what I've mentioned earlier, the band got their name from that Bristish emergency number "999" and was founded by singer/guitarist Nick Cash and Guy Days back in LONDON. Both Nick and Guy met each other when the former was still a member of the band called "Kilburn and the High-Roads" and the latter was a session guitarist who played on some of the band’s early demo tapes. Jon Watson on bass and Pablo LaBritain on drums were recruited as the final line-up would emerge. The band performed their first ever gig at the Northampton Cricket Club wayback January 1977 and after experimenting with several different band names, the guys finally decided on "999" on May 1977.


I first heard of the band "999" back in 1986 via WXB 102 late night radio program "CAPITAL RADIO" with their song "EMERGENCY". The band didn't really made a mark here in MANILA because that's the only song I remembered being played by XB back in the 80s. Unfortunately, the band didn't became popular here in MANILA. My friend bought a cassette tape of "999" back in 1989 wherein that's the only time I have listen to some of their songs like "NASTY NASTY", and "ME AND MY DESIRE". The fourth and last song that I'm really familiar from the band would come from a NEW WAVE Compilation CD Series entitled "LIVING IN OBLIVION" which I bought at GREENHILLS Shopping Center back in the mid 90s. The song I'm referring to was "HOMICIDE" which was included on the First Volume of "LIVING IN OBLIVION" CD series. My favorite 999 song would still be "EMERGENCY". I guess because I'm in the Health Profession too. He He He!! Well, since SEPTEMBER 9, 2009 only comes once in a lifetime then this blogpost of mine would just remind us of today's date and this English Punk Band.


Last 2007, I bought this "THE PUNK SINGLES 1977-1980" 999 CD Hits compilation that contains 21 Tracks from this band and I assure you that It's enough for you guys to enjoy their music. YUP!! That's my one and only 999 material. No more. No less. Eggless? He He He!!

HERE'S THE MTV of "EMERGENCY" by "999"


I uploaded HOMICIDE for you to listen to:
LISTEN HERE: HOMICIDE-999




Btw, I'm an avid fan of the Philippine Basketball Association(PBA) back in the 80s and 90s and one thing I can remember about the #9 is none other SAMBOY "THE SKYWALKER" LIM. YUP!! One Basketball Legend/Icon who wears the #9 Jersey back on those days with those daredevil stunts and acrobatic moves on the hardcourt that would leave you breatheless indeed. This PINOY Basketball Hero knows how to really fly during the games and his shots would really make you shout "WOW!!". I really miss those Golden Years of the Second Batch of the Great Breed of Filipino Basketball Players that emerged back in the 80s.


Since we're talking about 999 then here's a LITTLE TRICK YOU CAN DO TO YOUR FRIENDS regarding the NUMBER NINE:

The SUM of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. Well, I have to type it one by one so that you'll get the rhythm right. Hmmmp!! "The Dr. Stirring Rhod Way" I may say. He He He!!

MULTIPLICATION TABLE OF 9:

9 x 1 = 9
9 x 2 = 18 1+8 =9
9 x 3 = 27 2+7 =9
9 x 4 = 36 3+6 =9
9 x 5 = 45 4+5 =9
9 x 6 = 54 5+4 =9
9 x 7 = 63 6+3 =9
9 x 8 = 72 7+2 =9
9 x 9 = 81 8+1 =9
9 x 10= 90 9+0 =9

See what I mean!!

Here's another very interesting Trick regarding the NUMBER NINE:

Multiply NINE by any two, three or four-digit numbers and the sums of those will also break down to nine.

For example:
two digits: 9 x 31 = 279 ; 2+7+9=18; 1+8 =9
three digits: 9 x 123= 1107; 1+1+0+7 = 9
four digits: 9 x 4150= 37350; 3+7+3+5+0=18; 1+8 =9

So any questions class?

I guess that's all for today's lecture class. He He He!! Hope you've enjoyed my SEPTEMBER 9, 2009 equals 999 Blogpost.THANKS for dropping by!!



Today Is
9/09/09
999!!
-DR. STIRRING RHOD

No comments: